Flexible Interim Funding (Faculty of Medicine)
If the continued funding or follow-up funding of research projects is temporarily open, there is an increased risk of still losing potential female scientists at an advanced career stage. This drop-out can be effectively prevented if a budget is available for the interim funding of individual research project positions, which can be accessed flexibly.
After the scientist has submitted an application, a committee decides whether to approve the interim funding. The application for interim funding of a research project position includes:
- A letter of justification for the need for interim funding
- Description of the research project and the own research position (especially documentation of the own research tasks and achievements within the project)
- CV and list of publications
- Information on the duration of the interim funding and the perspective for the return to regular project funding
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor or the person in charge of the project.
The approval of interim funding is limited to a few months at the discretion of the Commission.