Particularly talented female doctoral, post-doctoral and habilitation students as well as female research assistants can receive financial support for their active participation in conferences or workshops at home and abroad.
The aim is to support young female researchers on their way to professorships.
Please note that ONLY the German version of this document is legally binding and has to be signed. The English translation is provided to help you fill out the original German document.
Female doctoral, post-doctoral and habilitation students
Active participation in the form of your own lecture or poster on the research results achieved so far.
- Applicants from the Faculty of Medicine (postdoc and above) submit their applications directly to Professor Amann.
- In the Department of Geography and Geosciences, research stays in the context of scientific work are also subsidised under the specified funding conditions.
- Female students are not funded within the framework of the target agreements.
Please send applications for funding of your participation in scientific conferences to the Departmental Women’s Representative at an early stage. They will check your application for professional relevance of the conference and eligibility for funding and forward it to Dr. Magda Luthay, Am Weichselgarten 9, 91058 Erlangen, who will inform you in writing about the success of your application and the amount of financial support.
Please note: The complete application documents must be submitted to the Office for Equality and Diversity for processing at least 6 weeks before the start of the trip. Please send your documents by regular mail, please do not send them by registered mail. Likewise, please do not send applications by e-mail.
Doctoral students, post-doctoral and habilitation students and female research assistants are required:
- Cover letter with reasons for making the journey
- Application form for official journey
a) Application for official journeys for FAU employees (PDF – German)
- b) Order to carry out an official journey (PDF – German)
Please also note the information under the following link: https://www.verwaltung.zuv.fau.de/personalhandbuch/dienst-und-fortbildungsreisen/formulare-dienst-und-fortbildungsreisen/
- Academic CV
- List of publications (if applicable)
- Breakdown of costs
- Description of the conference ( brochure, website or similar)
- Letter of recommendation from the relevant chair
- Information as to whether the chair or project can only provide limited funding or no funding at all
- Letter of support from department’s women’s representative
The grant for travel expenses has been determined by faculty and depends on the destination ( national or foreign) and the status of the applicant (doctoral student, postdoctoral researcher, etc.). You can find more details in the information sheet (English leaflets will be available soon):
- Leaflet of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology (PDF English)
- Leaflet of the School of Business, Economics and Society (PDF-English)
- Leaflet of the Faculty of Medicine(PDF- English)
- Leaflet of the Faculty of Sciences (PDF- English)
- Leaflet of the Faculty of Engineering (PDF- English)
- Flyer Faculty of Sciences (English)
Processing of travel expenses
Travel expenses are processed by the BGD secretariat: Büro für Gender und Diversity, Bismarckstraße 6, 91054 Erlangen
If trips are to be financed proportionately from chair funds and from target agreement funds, then the total settlement of the trip must first be pre-financed from chair funds. After payment of the travel expenses by the ZUV via the travel cost centre, the chair issues an invoice with BKZ (posting indicator) for the amount approved from the target agreements to the Office for Equality and Diversity.
A copy of the „Auszahlungsanordnung der Reisekosten“ (Payment authorisation for Travel expenses), a copy of the letter of approval as well as the field report must be attached.
If travel expenses are only paid via the Office for Equality and Diversity, please fill out the following form, indicating the department’s cost centre (English version available soon):
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology (docx- English)
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses School of Business, Economics and Society (docx- English)
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses Faculty of Medicine(docx- English)
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses Faculty of Sciences (docx- English)
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses Faculty of Engineering (docx- English)
- Payment authorisation for Travel expenses (PDF-English)
- the original of the approved application form for official journey (if not already available in the original),
- all original documents,
- For travel by air: also the boarding passes! (Without boarding passes there will be no billing!);
- original receipts only (hotel, conference fee, et cetera);
- Credit card statements: These will only be accepted together with an original that clearly shows the amount of the conference fee: for example, conference program or similar. The credit card statement alone is not sufficient.
- a field report (about 1 Din A4 page), in which you describe the results and benefits of the meeting for your scientific career.
Important: Please ensure that all documents are complete: signature; name, address, bank details, cost center of your department, etc. Only completely filled out documents can be processed further.
Please bring the above documents in person to the Office for Equality and Diversity, Bismarckstraße 6. room 3.012, 91054 Erlangen. Our office is staffed Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. However, please coordinate an appointment in advance with our secretary (Tel.: 09131/85-24730).
This procedure enables us to check immediately whether your documents are complete and to give you direct feedback on this. The aim is to speed up the previous procedure and reduce time-consuming e-mail, mail and telephone traffic.